Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Choices and Values : Value Characteristics

Our Gifted and Talented class has recently begun the unit of 'Ethics' . We began with defining values and morals, then we took a values survey to see what we valued and what characteristics described us . The results from the survey said that I value :



  1. Education, Intelligence, Wisdom

  2. Religion, Spirituality

  3. Family, Love, Emotinal Security

  4. Financial Security, Money, and Status .
These were the characteristics that were related to the numbers I checked off on the list . I think that these characteristics do in fact describe me well . Education is something that I care about . School for example, is something that I put a lot of effort in and hope to continue to do well in . Religion is also something that I grew up with . I go to church on Sundays and Fridays every week, and I do a lot of things with my youth group . Such as going on retreats or helping out needy people . Family is probably the characteristic that I think best describes me . My family is probably my first priority, and they are the people that I can't live without . Money and Status surprised me however . I never really thought that I cared about money . But the way I see it, is that I want to be 'financially stable' . I obviously want to live without financial issues within our family, so I think that might be why Financial Security was one of my characteristics .

No comments:

Post a Comment